You are gray and me, I'm blue
Among the most dismal of shades
Once coalesced in the center of my bedroom floor
We laughed and you stumbled,
Spilling the pail of fresh water
The pail I've been saving for a specific day
The water purged our bodies and rinsed the colors
Drained from our bodies, and united in the middle
Here united is used in past tense form
You moved out and moved on
I triend scrubbing the mixture on the floor
Once a dreary blend, with a glimpse of hope,
Now a vexation; an afflictive souvenir
I lay a rug over the stain,
An attempt to cover the remnant of distraught nostaglia.
I then continue on to replenish my pail ,
And paint myself a different shade of blue,
These actions have a purpose,
one that will be discovered and used for another day,
another shade of gray.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Oof...
Posted by AshleyGrace at 8:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love this!
Post a Comment